As part of our process, we work with all the top UK Porsche specialists to inspect the cars and to cost any aspects that need attention. With more specialised cars, we use our network of top level engineers and team owners to source and examine cars. We ourselves lead on historical research, ownership histories and provenance using our own extensive network.
We work with several top lawyers when necessary to advise on any complex legal points, although we have a range of generic contracts that can be used to save costs.
We then manage the logistics process, overseeing the completion of the transaction and working with customs authorities where necessary to achieve the necessary permissions and status.
When we are looking for cars, we principally seek cars that we would like ourselves. We work exclusively for the client looking for the car and we pride ourselves on our absolute integrity and discretion in handling the transaction.
Although Sports Purpose is just two years old as a business, our team has decades of experience with rare and valuable Porsche cars
Our platform as international rare Porsche specialists, combined with James’ experience in frontline international motor racing at a Formula 1 and Le Mans level, means that our network reaches far and wide.
In the last year, we have advised on and sourced a variety of cars for clients and friends, including:
- 1957 Porsche 356 A – beautifully restored by the best advice on what car to purchase and how
- 1965 Porsche 911 2.0 – extremely original, preservation class, with well-known owners
- 1965 Porsche 911 2.0 – very early and intact first-500 chassis number car
- 1965 Porsche 911 race cars for the 2 Litre Cup
- 1992 Porsche 964 Carrera RS NGT
- 2002 Audi R8 LMP900 ex-factory car, bought directly from Audi UK, 3rd place at Le Mans 24 Hours 2002, 1st place Sebring 12 Hours 2004
We have several searches underway at the moment, from original paint Speedsters through immaculate 3.2 Carrera’s to race-worthy 2.8 RSR’s.
If you think that we can help you, please just give us a call for a confidential chat.